These 6 project proposals were selected by the National jury to continue participation in the 4th round of the Quarry Life Award contest in Russia:
The scientific stream
- “Molecular ecology and adaptation of algae in formation the target ecosystems of the Gurovo quarry” by Evgeny Maltsev;
- “Wings over the Gurovsky quarry” by Olga Shvets;
- “Biological activity and diversity of microbial communities of the Pechurki quarry” by Arina Fyodorova.
The community stream
- “ECOS” (Eco-community of schoolchildren) by Elena Arsenieva;
- “Interactive video tour around the Pechurki quarry” by Nikita Fyodorov;
- “Quarry and society: joint efforts to maintain biodiversity at the Pechurki quarry” by Tatiana Ivanova.
The research phase of the contest will start on January, 2018. Each project will have its own blog and you will be able to learn o lot of interesting information about biodiversity in the quarries of HeidelbergCement.